Saturday, June 2, 2007

6/2/07








Greetings!
We are finally at the Internet cafe with Wifi connection. WOO HOOO It's been a long three days with no way of loading the pictures. Our Camera card will be happy today as well : )

We will add pictures from Thursday, Friday and of course Today.

We had a great morning with Lucy at the baby house. We got to see the other families that visit in the morning, and as always it was great to have some English speaking conversations. It's so wonderful to see how much all the babies have blossomed over the past two weeks. They all noticed it in Lucy as well : )

Lucy is definitely more tired in the morning then the afternoon. Figuring she wakes around 6:00 a.m and has been up for four hours when we arrive, we think she likely still needs a morning nap (that she has been getting in about three weeks, since she left the other baby house). She of course is always up for food, and today we noticed other families feeding there babies yogurt. Next week we will bring yogurt as well as apple sauce. Hopefully Lucy likes the new additions to her diet : )

After our visit we went to the Mountains of Almaty. They were very beautiful and we will post a few pictures. We also got to see the Olympic size skating rink that is situated at the base of the mountains. I of course can't remember the name off the top of my head, but we have these facts written down at the apartment.

We then went to lunch with Zhaniya, Assel and our driver. They took us to an Italian restaurant, so still no traditional Kazakh food. We are not complaining, Pizza treats our stomachs well and knock on wood so far no issues at all with food or water.

Two weeks down today!! Jon just asked me if I can believe it, and my response was "yes, I believe it" and I couldn't be happier. The longer we are here, the sooner Lucy comes home to the States. WOO HOOO We certainly appreciate all that the US has to offer us and likely will always remember our time here, but always cherish our true home in Boston.

Lots of love and hugs from Lucy, Jon and Julie and we hope everyone has a great weekend!

Paka Paka (bye bye)

7 comments:

Bohdan said...

You can see the changes in Lucy in the photos you post. It's amazing what a change can occur in just a couple weeks of special attention.

The mountains are beautiful. I'm so jealous. I didn't get to go while I was there, but the sight from the airplane window was breathtaking.

Two weeks means filing for court! WOO HOO

Unknown said...

Happy belated anniversary, what a wonderful way to celebrate!
Little Lucy does seem to be smiling and smiling bigger the more time she gets to spend with mom and dad! What a cutie!
Best wishes,
Natalie

Unknown said...

Julie, I am so happy for you guys. It is obvious that she gets more and more comfortable with you as the days go by...I also check every day to see what Miss Lucy is wearing in the pics!! Have fun with your baby girl!!
Love and Hugs from Texas,
Mandi

Jill (gary's sister) said...

Lucy is just soooo beautiful and i just could not be happier for you guys! Lucy looks so happy. : ) I really cant wait to meet her! What an adventure it has been. All my best to you guys!
Love, Jill

Frances said...

Hi Guys,
Love the moutain picture. Love Lucy's smiley happy face better!!!
I am happy that things are going good.
I kept on checking through out the weekend for updates and I figured the internet must of been a challenge.
hugs and kisses
Frances

Faith said...

Julie I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am for you !!! I tear-up everytime I read your blog and see the pictures of you, John and Lucy together. She is an absolute doll !! I cannot wait for the day that she comes home to you and begins her life with you in the US of A. Yays hugs and kisses to that beautiful princess and to you as well. My heart is so filled with joy for you.

Faith said...

Oops typo in my previous post - that should have been YAYA hugs and kisses.