Thursday, May 31, 2007

5/31/07

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but we left two weeks ago tomorrow and it really feels like this past week flew by (I'm sure I will be eating those words next week..ha ha)....

of course we had another great day with Lucy. It was very hot and humid today, she was slightly lighter dressed, sporting shorts with tights and a sweatshirt. Always interesting to see what get up she will have on for our visits : )

The wireless connection at the internet cafe was down. I tried a few times to load a picture on the dial up and it won't seem to load. Not sure what the problem is.

Tomorrow is the celebration of the Children at the baby house. We are not sure if there will be a party, or if we will just know it's a special day. We are visiting early, and then going to lunch and site seeing with our California friends. We will have lots of pictures to upload and will post a few extras.

Saturday our Coordinator Zhaniya is taking us to lunch and up to the mountains. They look beautiful from our apartment window, I can't wait to see them in person. We will take lots of pictures. Sunday we are off to the Almaty Zoo and Gorky Park.

I can't believe we have plans the next three days : )

3 comments:

Grammpy Bruce said...

I hope you have a "GREAT" day tomorrow as it is a very "Special Day" that you can spend with your daughter. Happy Anniversary !!!

Eileen said...

Everyday I get to work check my email then I'm off to "Kaz Journey to Lucy". Love it! You guys make my day. Can't believe it's been two weeks. Please include us in your sightseeing culinary adventures. What a DVD this adventure will make. I feel like I know Lucy already. She does look like she loves those cookies. Have a fun weekend in Kaz! Never thought I'd be saying that to anyone!

Unknown said...

Good to hear you venturing out. You will never have this opportunity again. I am jelaous. I love love traveling even when the conditions where crap. I am so curious i cant help myself. I remember on time in Budpest during the communist times that i had the worst travel day of my life. Now i really laugh at it. I slept on a dirty floor in a train station. FUN times. Enjoy the "special day tomorrow".