Monday, May 21, 2007

A better day : )

Today is day 2, and such a better day. We are finally settled and rested, and honestly feeling much better. We did not get to meet Lucy today, but we did have our interview with the Ministry of Education, and we got approval to visit the baby house tomorrow! We are very excited to finally meet Miss Lucy.

The blog (other then posts) is all in Russian, hmmm....Lynn maybe you can help me fix that?

We got to meet Ivonne and Dan today (friends we made over the internet, and Ivonne has been a life saver over these past three weeks of delays). Ivonne and Dan adopted baby Jadyn last week. She is an absolute doll, and we are so happy we got to spend some time with her and her parents. We hung out in their apartment for several hours. We might see them again tomorrow. They are only about 10 minute walk from us, so very easy, and very nice to have someone to speak English with!

We are going to do some more food shopping tomorrow, maybe Ivonne will go with me (she has been much more adventurous and cooks full blown meals, she is blowing our PB&J diet out of the water : ). I hope to eat some "kaz food" some time this week. For now instant oatmeal, balance bars and PB&J is treating us just fine.

More to come tomorrow. We will post a picture of Lucy just as soon as we can and also talk about the city......

Thanks for the love and support, we certainly need it.

2 comments:

Bohdan said...

Yeah! I'm so glad tomorrow is finally the day!

Regarding the Russian, I'd have your interpreter ask someone at the Internet cafe. I managed to make my computer type in Russian, but that's as far as I got. :o)

Unknown said...

Your cracking me up. Thank god I did not back pack Europe with you for 3 months. Enjoy this it is par tof the great adventure. I tell you it is better than sleeping on a diry floor in budepest. I tell you that story when you get back