Friday, July 27, 2007

Count down to Nana.....36 hours!




I am at the 36-hour mark and counting...I can't believe Nana will be leaving tonight to come visit me in Kaz and meet Miss Lucy.

I told Lucy today that Nana was coming and she was going to help me bring her home to the apartment. I told her that Mommy will come and visit her one last time tomorrow (bitter sweet), and when we see her on Monday we will have clothes and shoes for her, because that is it!...She is finally busting out for good...WOO HOO

I can't believe this day is finally coming...it's such an exciting time for me, to have my Mother with me in Almaty, and to have Lucy coming to stay with us a day later....what a great 36 hours it will be!!......

Today was a rainy and cold day in Almaty....We played inside...but met some nice people that are on there first trip and getting ready to head home....anyway it's always nice to meet people that speak English....it's not something you come by often around here......

Lucy of course is always fascinated with other people and there toys.....She was crawling on one of the Dad's laps and trying to touch his face...I told him she must be missing her Dad...she has definitely seemed a bit out of sorts this past week, testing Momma with every move she makes....But I stand firm and "no" has become a word that I say quite a bit....hehehehe......

So for all of you out there that thought I would have the quiet mousy child, nothing like me (right?)....you were wrong...I got what I put in for, and in the end a "spirited" little toddler is what I am bringing home who will keep me very busy!...

I hope to update again this weekend, and we will certaintly update the anticipated Nana arrival and meeting of Lucy. Stay tuned...and thanks for following along....

Love, Julie

No comments: