Saturday, July 21, 2007

It's the weekend!!







Hello,
I hope everyone had a great week, and a great weekend to come : ) Yesterday I went in the afternoon to the baby house, so I was not able to update the blog or download the pictures. Today was my morning visit with Lucy, she was in good spirits when I arrived. For the first time she actually cried and reached for me when he caregiver was trying to bring her in to change her clothes. I followed along, and quickly realized it wasn’t me she was reaching for, it was the backpack that she knows is loaded with snacks and toys. She is one smart cookie!!

The weather was a bit iffy this morning, so we started up stairs in the music room. Lucy is able to walk around and explore more when we are in doors, because we avoid the dirt and concrete. About half way through our visit she was standing by the door, and pointing at the window crying. I asked if she wanted to go outside? She didn’t answer, but came right over to put her shoes on. She loves being outside! We played with Anora (Joseph and Patricia’s daughter) for a bit, she stole a few bites of yogurt from Joseph again (poor Anora) and of course she wanted to sit with Joseph and be held by him. Lucy is quite the flirt : )

You will see in the pictures her plastic spoon still wins as her favorite thing to play with...Go figure!

I brought her in for lunch around noon, and headed back to the apartment. I must say getting through this weekend will be my biggest challenge. The weather is not so great for being outdoors, and I’m not quite sure what I will do with an ENTIRE day tomorrow. I of course don’t have the entertainment of my daily instant message sessions with Amy and Jen as I do during the weeknights. I saved three episodes of Grey’s Anatomy for tomorrow, knowing that Sunday is my longest day. I of course am reading my books WAY to fast, and know I will be done long before the week is out. I am trying to pace myself……

I might take the bus to the Ram Mall tomorrow morning. Jon and I took this bus before to meet our friends and it’s very easy. I figured I could walk around the mall if it’s raining and blow of a few hours. If it’s not raining I would like to walk around the city for a few hours…..

It finally cooled off today, I believe it’s only in the 80’s which is great compared to the weather we had the past three days….well over a 100 each day…YIKES……

Enjoy the weekend everyone…we miss you and can’t wait to see you on home turf….

Love, Julie and Lucy

No comments: