Monday, July 16, 2007

First day alone!!.......





Hello,
This is my first post since being VERY sick. I got sick on Saturday night, and was sick all day on Sunday. I am convinced I got my first stomach bug from Lucy, but of course my coordinator wouldn’t hear of that, and insisted it must have been from the food I was eating (not sure that pasta with sauce, or mac and cheese can give you food poisoning?).

Our plans on Saturday evening changed, and we did not end up going out to dinner with friends. Probably for the best, given the circumstances later that night. Sunday we did not make it to our translators house for the traditional Kazakh meal of horsemeat and I found out today, I missed out on the fermented camels and horse milk to drink. Jon was sorry I was sick, but thanked me for getting him out of that dreaded meal. Our translator is very kind and we do feel badly that we did not get to meet her family.

Today is a better day (health wise) but also a not so good day. Jon left this morning at 5:30 to head home. I went back to bed and woke up and got ready for my morning baby house visit. I will now be going in the morning, the coordinator has lots of paper work to do and can get more done in the afternoons. I am fine with the change, as now I will be able to go to the Internet cafĂ© in the afternoon and not have to worry about getting back from the baby house too late. Lucy was good today, she definitely was looking around and I think wondering, “hey were is my Daddy”. It was hard to chase her around, try to take pictures and keep track of all her toys. I guess this is what Motherhood really feels like. I guess my staying alone for two weeks is a good example of what you will do for your child. I never imagined I would do something like this, but yet it’s being done with out much choice. In the end I will survive, right? HA HA

Lucy has a nice new scrape on her nose and upper lip (I was told a child scratched her, but it looks like she fell). This new scrape will show up nicely on her passport photo that she had taken this morning (Oh well, she won’t be leaving the country any time soon). I tried to sneak a picture of the passport photo, but I couldn’t seem to balance Lucy, the camera and find a good spot to lay out the pictures. I decided that the 6 or so pictures I did take today were good enough for day one : )

Have I mentioned how amazing Jon really is? He did such a fantastic job of getting everything ready for me (everything I could have possibly needed and more) and also giving me pep talks on how it’s only 14 days, 12 if you count today and the day my mother arrives : ) I am counting down the days Nana, I can’t wait for you to get over here! No doubt this two weeks will be interesting, and challenging. I was making a list of “things to do” earlier today, and I will probably run out of options around 4:00 p.m each day, and then count down the minutes until I can log onto AOL instant messenger around 7:00 p.m and find my sister just arriving at work, or possibly Jen since she is free this week. I am counting on you girls as my evening entertainment : )

That’s all for now, Happy Monday to all!! Julie

No comments: